

Emma just had her very first punishment. She's been scolded, but never actually punished for repeat bad behavior. Until today...
For the second time this week, she colored on our chair. This is the reason I bought washable crayons, but after the first time she should have known better.
I very calmly explained to her that coloring was for paper, not furniture. I told her that we had already discussed this the first time it happened, and now she had to be punished. I took her crayons away for a week & put her in the corner to "think about what she's done." She stood in the corner for 5 minutes just crying her eyes out. But she stood there until I told her it was okay to move. She knew what was up!
She ran up to me, gave me a very apologetic hug, and I asked if she knew why I had to take her crayons away and she said in the saddest voice, "yeeeaaaaahhhhh"
She took her punishment like a big girl and I'm very proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment